During Q1 2021, Dentalum has focused on integrating recent acquisitions while continuing to explore growth opportunities and to further strengthen the M&A pipeline. To mitigate the effects from Covid-19 and keep margins intact, Dentalum’s clinics continued to work proactively with cost control. Dentalum has also strengthened its headquarter by recruiting an HR-manager. As per March 31, 2021, Dentalum comprises of twelve clinics operating in five regions in Sweden.
First Quarter 2021 – unaudited
- Reported operating revenues in Q1 2021 amounts to SEK 49.7 million (SEK 1.4 million).
- EBITDA amounts to SEK 9.7 million for Q1 2021 (SEK -0.5 million).
- Operating cash flow during Q1 2021 amounts to SEK 6.6 million (SEK -0.2 million).
- Net cash flow used in investing activities for Q1 2021 was SEK -11.5 million (SEK -0.6 million), which mainly consist of payment of deferred purchase price related to acquisitions executed during 2020.
- Cash flow from financing activities in Q1 2021 amounts to SEK -2.0 million (SEK 4.2 million). Total net cashflow for Q1 2021 amounts to SEK -6.9 million (SEK 3.4 million).
- As per March 31, 2021, cash and cash equivalents amount to SEK 174.5 million (SEK 7.3 million) and interest-bearing debt SEK 306.1 million (-).
Significant Events after the reporting period
- In April 2021, Dentalum signed Share purchase agreements to acquire additional three dental clinics, of which one was executed on May 18, 2021.
- In May 2021, Dentalum strengthened the management team by recruiting a Chief Dental Officer (“CDO”) with extensive experience, both as practitioner and as founder and former CEO of the dental service organization Oral Care in Sweden. The CDO will start her full-time employment on August 16, 2021.
- The Covid-19 pandemic is still ongoing, as well as the mitigating restrictions imposed by the Public Health Agency. However, in April and May, the Covid-19 vaccination program was rolled out on a broader scale, which has had a positive impact on the patient inflow in the Dentalum clinics.
For further information, please contact
Max Dorthé Ladow, CEO and co-founder, +46 709 85 97 83, email@example.com
Sofi Eriksson, CFO, +46 705 95 46 33, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit www.dentalum.com
Dentalum Operations AB (publ) is a fast-growing dental service organisation focusing on acquiring profitable and sustainable dental clinics in the Nordics. Dentalum’s philosophy is built on local heritage, where the clinic owners continue as entrepreneurs operating the clinics with a high degree of independence post-acquisition. Dentalum’s goal is to build a world class organisation by creating a strong corporate culture, positive work environment and growth opportunities which motivate and engage our coworkers to provide the highest quality of care and a remarkable service to our patients. For more information, please visit www.dentalum.com